Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Lack of Updates and Bellamy's Form


Apologies about that. I've had a monster flu, and been busy at work as well. Not to mention the disappointment of letting in two in the second half against Galatasaray and then losing to Bolton. Combine that with International week and I'm not a happy Zig.

Something has managed to lift my spirits though, and it's Bellamy's assist and goal for Wales. Not that I give a stuff about Wales. I'd usually rather them lose, but Bellamy has looked short of confidence in a Liverpool shirt of late, and when Wales got roundly trounced in his first game as Captain, I thought it could only get worse.

I watched the Wales game tonight, and he looked sharp and grew in confidence as the game went on. Blackburn's defence are in a different league to Cyprus, but playing against his former club, on a high from todays showing, hopefully he can net one at Anfield on Saturday and get on a run of form.

I wasn't exactly keen on the signing of Bellamy. His scoring record, apart from a purple patch last season, has always been woeful. In mitigation, that has coincided with perpetual injury, but he played quite a few games last season, and if he stays uninjured and finds his rhythm, I can see him getting fifteen to twenty goals for us this season.

What I've found to like about him since he joined the Mighty Reds is his willingness, his pace, his game intelligence and surprisingly his attitude, which has been little short of exemplary on the pitch. Perhaps he needs to bring back a bit more of the nasty streak, without losing his rag, and perhaps under Rafa he can improve his understanding of the offside trap, but there's potential there and I think he could well turn out to be more important for us than Cisse at less than half the price.

I hear you saying that Cisse scored nineteen goals last season, but to be frank I never felt he was likely to score playing though the centre, and apart from his goals he rarely gave us what we needed on the right wing. The jury is still out on Pennant in that position, but Bellamy looks a better bet than Djibril as a striker to me.

Hopefully Blackburn will be the game where he rids me of my pre-season doubts completely and finds his feet for LFC.

2 Comments:

Anonymous fatmagülün suçu ne 1. bölüm izle said...

thank you

12:11 pm  
Anonymous Excavation Contractors Kent said...

Thanks for thhis blog post

10:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home