Thursday, August 17, 2006

Charity Shield and Stuff


I should have written a Charity Shield entry on here before now ideally, and one on last nights Liverpool XI game at Sincil Bank, but I've just been basking in the glory for three or four days instead.

Went into Sundays game with this horrible feeling deep inside that we would lose, not for any explicable reason but just one of them random ones that usually turn out to be right. Saw who we lined up with, and who they lined up with, and thought "oh well then, we will definitely get mashed here today". Not that it's an important game by any means, but I hate it when we lose.

It all got better from then on - even when Shevchenko equalised I knew we would win the game.

I've now started to feel massively optimistic about the season. It's a strange one, since I haven't felt optimistic about winning the league for a good few years now, and I've never in my life felt this excited about it because when I was growing up there was always more of an expectation that we would win the league regularly.

So I've just been wandering randomly about the place since Sunday with a massive grin on my face, without really communicating with anyone in any way. Like I said, just basking in the glory.

I expect I'll recover soon enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home